Notice to Vacate
The tenant must provide JWC with a written notice of surrender of the leased premises no less than 30 days prior to the expiration date of the lease. Failure to give the minimum 30 days written notice will make the tenant responsible for the payment in full of the following months rent under the terms of the lease. The vacate date is the date that the tenant has surrendered the keys to our office. Keys must be brought into our office and handed over to our staff.
Military Clause: A 30 day written notice is required and an official copy of military orders must accompany the tenant notice to vacate. We verify all PCS, ETS and Deployment orders for authenticity.
- Make sure your keyless deadbolts are not locked when you turn in your keys. If we can’t get in you will be charged for re-keying the home.
- Ceilings, walls and woodwork: Loose dirt will be removed from walls, and other surfaces. Blinds cleaned.
- Spots, dirt, grease, fingerprints and other marks will be removed from walls, baseboards, window sills, doors and other woodwork.
- Nails and screws must be removed and the walls or doors restored to their original condition. Holes or spots must be professionally restored.
- All decals, stars on ceilings, wallpaper or contact paper needs removed.
- All drawers, furniture and cabinets will be emptied, wiped out and left open. Closets and shelves will be cleared of hangers or trash. Kitchen cabinets are to be free of food particles, cleaned and left open. Dishwasher cleaned and dry.
- Refrigerators: The refrigerator will be defrosted and thoroughly washed out with a mild detergent and then wiped completely dry. Turn the dial to “OFF” position, UNPLUG, and be sure to leave the door OPEN. Exterior surfaces should be clean, including the rubber door seal. The refrigerator must be moved from the wall and the area behind and underneath cleaned, and the refrigerator returned to its normal position.
- Stove: Wire brushes or sandpaper should never be used. Easy Off is a good product to used on the interior of the oven. NOTE: DO NOT attempt to use a cleaning product on a self-cleaning oven. Drip pans must be replace with new ones.
- Light fixtures must be cleaned and equipped with working bulbs of proper size. Ceiling fans must also be cleaned and equipped with proper bulbs.
- All tubs, basins, sinks, toilets and tile must be thoroughly scrubbed, cleaned and dried.
- Air conditioner, heater units, closets and vents must be cleaned and a new filter installed and access panel left off for inspection.
- Vent-a-hood exhaust filter must be replaced and free of all grease.
- All tile or wood floors must be mopped clean and free of marks.
- Garages and driveways must be cleaned and all grease and oil marks removed.
- Ground must be neatly mowed and edged to include under porches, and in flowerbeds. Trash and other debris must be removed from grounds.
- Windows and mirrors must be cleaned, inside out. Screens must be in original condition or they must be replaced.
- Fireplaces must have all ashes removed and fireplace cleaned
- Carpets MUST be professionally steam cleaned and shampooed by an APPROVED vendor. The receipt for payment of carpet cleaning MUST be presented to the rental department at the time of vacating. Self-carpet or rental equipment receipts will NOT be accepted.
- Tenants that had pets on the property MUST have the property professionally exterminated for fleas and ticks, and present the receipt upon vacating. Yard must be free of pet mess/feces. Any pet holes must be filled.
- If you have a satellite installed, upon vacating the property you will need to remove and dispose of the pole and dish; otherwise you will be accessed a fee for removal.
- If having a security system installed you must restore the property to its original condition and quality needs to be professional. If door knobs, deadbolts, thermostats, sheet rock, etc. have to replaced/repaired, you will be assess a fee for repair.
These are the conditions in which your apartment or house must be when inspecting for vacating. If these requirements are not met, we will hire someone to clean your property. Cleaning, repair, and replacement charges will be deducted from your security deposit. It is your responsibility and your advantage to leave your premises extremely CLEAN.
Please make sure to turn in all receipts to JWC with your keys!
All cleaning, carpet cleaning, and pest control must be completed before inspections!
All furniture must be removed prior to carpet being cleaned.
We do not accept the following vendors
- Rug Doctor receipts
- A Better Home and Carpet
- True Clean, Friendly Carpet
- Molly Maids
- Bree’s Cleaning
- Blessed Hands Cleaning
- Y&Y Carpet
- Elite Carpet
- IGS Carpet Cleaning
- Payless Carpet
- Butterfly Cleaning
- Affordable Carpet
- Steam Pro
You are not required to use our recommended vendors. If you choose to use a separate vendor of your own, please ensure that vendor guarantees their work. If something isn’t done to JWC standards we will attempt to recall your vendor only one time. IF they do not come and resolve the issue, JWC will have to send our own vendor out, which will result in you being assessed additional charges.
If you have any reoccurring online payments set up, please cancel.